Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jesus is not safe, but He is good.

"Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah, this One who is glorious in His apparel, traveling in His garments of strength?-- 'I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.' Why is Your apparel red, and Your garments like the one who treads in the winepress? 'I have trodden them in My anger, and trampled them in My fury; their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, and I have stained all My robes. For the day of vengeance is in My heart, and the year of My redeemed has come. I looked but there was no one to help, and I wondered there there was no one to uphold; Therefore, My own arm brought salvation for Me, and My own fury, it sustained me. I have trodden down the peoples in My anger, made them drunk in My fury, and brought down their strength to the earth." --- Isaiah 63:1-6

"Who is this- friend or foe? Why is His clothing spattered red? Has He been treading grapes in a winepress? Has He been making wine? Could the explanation be that simple and assuring? No. He has been taking vengeance on His enemies. He's been fighting for redemption. And He's done is all alone- not with a great army, but all by Himself. We didn't help Him. We don't even see Him until His victory is already complete. Look at Him out there, the way He's approaching us marching in the greatness of His strength. He's not even tired. He's energized, He's awesome, He is terrible in His wrath."
- Raymond C. Ortlund

Jesus- the Lion- is not safe, but He is good.

"Do not call conspiracy all that this people call conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread. But the Lord of hosts, Him you shall honor as holy. Let Him be your fear, and Let Him be your dread." - Isaiah 8:12,13

No comments: