Friday, September 18, 2009

Immovable Me

Sometimes I wish that I wasn't so easily influenced by things. Not that what influences me is necessarily "bad", because I don't think it is. Its more of changes in opinion on a style of clothes, taste in music and movies, opinions on certain situations, etc. Not a huge deal, but when it changes what makes me ME, it becomes a problem. I don't want to be so easily influenced by other's opinions and styles. I want to be consistent and immovable when it comes to what I think and believe.

It's not all bad, though, because when I am doing something wrong and someone calls me out on it, I am quick to listen and change it. But again, its not so great when I do that in many different situations.

This is a babbling blog. Just stating, that I wish I wasn't so easily influenced. Praying that the Lord would give me consistency in my talk, dress, opinions, and actions and that He would give me discernment and wisdom on when and how to change what I am doing. He is faithful to give wisdom to those who ask it of Him. (James 1:5)

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."
James 3:17

1 comment:

RJ McCauley said...

True, to bad that is the way you have been raised in this culture just as myself and all the others from kids to young adults in their 20's. We are influenced not by the word but the world, because the world appeals to our flesh, yet those who are believers war with the flesh because the word appeals to the Spirit. This is the evidence of spiritual warfare, that your faith is real and that your living for King Jesus!