Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hello World

I am sick and tired of the standard that this world sets for beauty. I am not naturally stick thin and I don't want to feel bad for looking how I do. I am fearfully and wonderfully made by the King, and I know that. But it is so hard to feel beautiful in a world that is so set on outward beauty. Being thin, with all of the right clothes, beautiful skin, perfect hair, all the best accessories... I have wasted so much time trying to reach this standard and have even gone to extremes at times to fit in with the world's "beautiful people". But guess what I realized! Most of those beautiful people had to SIN to get to where they are. I am not willing to sin against my God in order to fit in and feel beautiful. I know that I am beautiful. World, stop telling me otherwise!

5 comments:

David said...

Preach it!
Psalm 139:14

Anonymous said...

haha davey is funny...

but yep i agree :) God's word is true and that is all that matters! He looks at the inward appearance :)

CatalogK9 said...

All true, but girl, what are you talking about? You are gorgeous!!!

aprilmclean said...

Thanks Erin. I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by the Lord, and I don't want to be otherwise convinced. God is so good!

diana said...

Yes, world, stop trying to confuse us!

We are made in his image. :)