Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Don't Understand...

Honor Killings.

I don't know everything there is to know about them; I can't tell you exactly why they happen or inform you on the different killings that occur. I can only really say that my heart is broken for those who have been, or are in danger of being, attacked. Most attacks occur to Muslim women for things as simple as talking to a man who is not in their family. And the attackers are usually men in the woman's family. The women have brought "dishonor" on their families in some way so they are killed to restore honor to their family. But I am puzzled as to how this brings the family "honor." I have seen footage of these killings happening and the women in them are brought into the streets and kicked and stoned. Not only is that a horrible way to die, but it is even more horrible when your family's the one committing the murder. These women are killed for talking to someone. Some are even killed for being raped. It's not even their fault, but they have to pay the ultimate price for it. How is that honorable? In what way does killing your niece, cousin, or daughter, make you heroic and not psychotic? These women live in fear every moment. The governement in Muslim countries do nothing to stop these killings. These women have no hope. No Jesus.

Lord, I don't understand...

No comments: