Sunday, August 23, 2009

Power, Love, and a Sound Mind

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
-- 2 Timothy 1:6
This verse is awesome! Story behind my experience with it:
Last night I went to sleep around 8:45, but woke up at 10pm with a spirit of worry and fear. It was almost unbearable. I went online to get my mind off of whatever it was that was consuming my thoughts, but the fear was still there. By 1, I was way tired, so I went to bed. But I just could NOT sleep. I started praying for the Lord to relieve my spirit from this fear and worry, but I was dwelling in the feeling. I knew that it was the enemy attacking, and it just seemed like too much. Then, I heard "For God has not given us a spirit of fear.... but of a sound mind." I thought.. "Wow.. He has given us a spirit of a sound mind!! I don't need to fear or dwell on this because He has given me a spirit of a sound mind." I meditated on that for a moment. But I didn't remember the other things mentioned in the verse.. after repeating it over and over in my mind, I figured out that one of them is "love". He has given us a spirit of love... and I meditated on that. I really wanted to know the entire verse because my relief just didn't feel complete, and after many minutes of trying to figure it out, I turned to my bible and read "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER!" That was it! I no longer need to let this fear and worry have any power or control over me, because the Lord has given me a spirit of POWER- power over this fear and the enemy.

What a wonderful promise our heavenly Father has given us!! :)

"For God has NOT given us a spirit of fear, but if POWER, and of LOVE, and of a SOUND MIND."

Thank You, Jesus!! :)

No comments: