Friday, March 27, 2009

HEAVEN IS REAL-- Are you going there?

Heaven is real.

We hear that all of the time in church, we say it all of the time when we are witnessing, but how many of us hear that or say that with a believing heart? I always KNEW that heaven is a real place but up until 3 nights ago, I didn't truly believe it. I didn't believe that we are going to die and that after we do, we either go to heaven or hell. We all KNOW that every 1 out of 1 person is going to die, and that statistic becomes more real to us when we lose someone we love, but it becomes absolute truth when we think about the fact that WE, ourselves, are one day going to die. It sounds so morbid, but it's the truth.

Before I was a Christian, the thought of dying would cause me to have a panic attack, so I would refrain from thinking about what was going to happen after I died... anything to do with death, I ignored. Since becoming a Christian, I allowed myself to think this thought about death "I'm gonna die, but I'm going to heaven... no worries!" Which is true, but I never fully believed it. I still ignored the fact that I am going to die one day and lived like I had all of the time in the world to live. But 3 nights ago, that all changed. I stopped everything I was doing and sat in my room and said "April, one day you WILL die." (Again, sounds SO morbid, but bear with me.) I finally understood how short life is. Then I said "But heaven is REAL!" It wasn't until I realized the brevity of life that I truly believed in heaven. I am not saying I have it all figured out, but I am saying that I believe, with EVERYTHING in me that heaven IS a real place... more real than this earth, and one day, I will be home.

This life is NOT going to last forever. We WILL ALL die. ALL of us. There is no exception. Hell, just like heaven is a real place. The choice is ours, we could either accept and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who willingly died for us so that we might be freed from our sin and go to heaven when we die, or we can choose to ignore Him and live every day of our lives seeking out the pleasures and empty promises of this world, only to be promised eternity in hell. I don't say all of this to be harsh or to condemn ANYONE. This is what the Bible says and it is TRUTH!!!!! This is NOT just a religious belief, it is TRUTH and it's ALL that matters.

If you were going to take a test on the different bones in the body and you passing this test meant whether or not you would make it to college, you wouldn't spend 8 hours studying the way plants grow if you wanted to pass this test. Similarly, the way you spend your life will determine whether you will go to heaven or hell when you die. Don't live this life you have for the things of this world, because you will just be wasting your time. We have been given this life to do one thing and that is to glorify God and follow His plan.

I desire to see every single person come to know the Lord and, when they die, dwell in HEAVEN forever. Because all of us DO have an eternity... it's just a matter of where yours will be spent. Do YOU know where you are going to go after you die? Are you living for the temporary things of this world or for the everlasting God? Those who are in Christ are promised heaven.

We will all die. By the way you live your life, what are you being promised after you die? Think about it because, ultimately, that's all that is going to matter.

No comments: