Friday, March 6, 2009

Mrs. Diem

One year today since one of the most amazing women to ever live passed away. Mrs. Diem was, by far, an incredible woman. I can't believe it's been a year already. I really miss her.


For those of you who don't know, I used to be involved in a service organization (IORG). Mrs. Diem, ever since I could remember, was there beside me 100%. She was probably the only person who would be able to get me to calm down when I was in one of my 13 year old hyper moods. She was the one who taught me that there is a time and place for everything and when it was appropriate to act a certain way. But honestly, as this might sound cheesy but it's true, the one thing I learned from her that I will never forget is that love is the greatest gift you could ever give or receive. She was so selfless. I miss her smile.. and her smell. Now, if you know me, you KNOW that I LOVE LOVE LOVE perfume. If I hug someone and they smell good, I will tell them. Well, Mrs. Diem always always smelled SOOO good. Her scent was Beautiful by Este Lauder. I would hug her and say "You smell beautiful." And she knew exactly what I was saying. I love her and miss her terribly.



She got diagnosed with lung cancer a little over 2 years ago. When she beat that and was finally recovering, she had a seizure at work and it was then that they discovered she had a brain tumor. After that, it was a long fight. I would call over to her house every couple of weeks to see how she was and she always had her same peppy attitude about everything! If you look up "Optimistic" in the dictionary, hands down, you would see HER picture!! The last time I got to talk to her was difficult because it was, without being said, the "goodbye" talk. She told me many things that I will treasure in my heart and I will never forget our conversation.



I miss her. But I know that she is in heaven and that I will see her again... the beautiful promises of God are so comforting. Until we meet again... :)

No comments: