Sunday, October 26, 2008

Burning Heart Fellowship

I'm goin' on a treasure hunt. Goin' on a treasure hunt.

I remember playing a game when I was little where you would chant those words and go looking for a treasure that the adults hid. I remember being so determined to find that treasure. I would look high and low, and my desire to find it was so strong. Of course, the treasure ended up being some dinky thing like a shoe box full of rocks or something of the sort, but I was so glad to have finally found it and I was happy with it.

I have found the ultimate treasure, Jesus. But today, I am going on a treasure hunt in search for more of Him. I know Him, but I want to know Him more. This last week I went to Biola University and attended a series of conferences called the Torrey Conferences. There was a woman who spoke on Thursday afternoon named Becky Tirabossi. She told us about a group that was formed in 1947 called the Burning Heart Fellowship. The fellowship was a group of a few men who devoted themselves to constant prayer. Becky was so enthusiastic and passionate about what she told us and I could clearly see the Lord shinning SO brightly through her. I remember thinking to myself "I have Jesus, but I want what YOU have!" She has more of Him and I want what she has. I want more of Him. She challenged us to spend an hour a day in prayer for a month and to reflect back on our prayer journals to see how we have grown in the Lord. I have taken that challenge and am SO excited to see what God is going to show me in this time.

I want to know You
I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more
I want to touch You
I want to see Your face
I want to know You more

No comments: