Monday, November 10, 2008

I am Nothing

I don't understand why God is still so gracious when I am so unfaithful. He pours out His love on me when I have taken a step towards the world. He still holds me when I go off and forget about Him. Why does He want me? I am nothing. I am of no worth. But He sent His son to be killed for MY (and others') sake. Worthy is HE of every praise. Worthy is HE because of His overwhelming love for His enemies. He loves me when I let Him down... why? There are far better and greater things out there to love than me. He is so holy and pure, so perfect. Lord, thank You for loving such a filthy child. I know that I don't deserve You and I don't deserve Your forgiveness. I have asked so many times for it and each time, You are faithful to forgive me... for that alone, I owe You everything.

"O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name
in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory
above the Heavens!
Out of the mouths of babes and
nursing infants
You have ordained strength,
Because of Your enemies,
That You may silence the
enemy and avenger.
When I consider Your
heavens, the work of Your
fingers,
The moon and the stars,
which You have ordained,
What is man that You are
mindful of him,
And the son of man that You
visit him?"
-- Psalm 8:1-4

No comments: