Friday, November 14, 2008

Philippians 2:4

Before we help people, what is the first thing we consider? "Is this going to help me or hurt me?" or something along those lines. We consider ourselves when the situation really has nothing to do with us. Or maybe that's just me. I am a selfish person. I tend to draw all attention to me and at the worst possible moments, I bring attention on me by asking a stupid question or saying something about a situation that happened with me. When my friend's friend passed away, I had no idea, but I brought the attention to me because I thought that something she was talking about was about me. But needless to say, it wasn't. I always think "They are mad at me" or "They did that because of me" It's always me. Me. Me. You could swear I thought the world revolved around me. I know that it doesn't. My selfishness is overbearing though. It's like a disease without a cure. I know you are thinking "I'm not that selfish.. there is something you can do." and yea, there is, but I say that because since last November I have been aware of the fact that I am selfish and the Lord has been working on it since then and I am still the same. I hate that I am this way. I don't want to say those selfish things at the wrong moments anymore. What do I do? I pray.

"Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
-- Philippians 2:4

No comments: