Monday, November 3, 2008

More Beautiful Than Words Can Say


This picture of my mom is my all time favorite. :) It was taken the day that my nephew was born. She is so happy in this picture. So beautiful.
These last 4 1/2 months have been the craziest roller coaster ride. One moment I am somewhat alright with her dying and the next I am a complete mess missing her. I would have to say, however, that the good moments far out-weigh the bad.
Another favorite memory is this. When I was little, like ages 5-8, I could not fall asleep without someone laying with me. So my mom would always lay with me while I was falling asleep. We would lay there talking and saying how much we love each other. We would say thing like "I love you all the way to the moon!" and "I love you all the way to China!" But my absolute favorite one, even though it made no sense, was "I love you all that way to the big bang!" Now, let me explain. When I was little, I didn't know what the big bang was. I thought that it was a HUGE star in the sky and that it was miles and miles and miles away so I would say I love you to the big bang because in my little mind, that was A LOT of love. :)
And that still stands. Momma, I love you all the way to the big bang! :)

1 comment:

David said...

Those are great memories.

Write them down somewhere.