Monday, November 17, 2008

The Truth Shall Set Your Free

Something happened today that needed to happen for 2 years. I feel like I have fully gotten rid of my old self now. Nothing that I had before I knew the Lord is with me any longer. It is like everything is really new like the word says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17) My old man has finally passed away and a weight I have been carrying for so long has been lifted. It really isn't that big of a deal to anyone else but me and Jesus, but a big deal nonetheless. I am truly amazed by God. Its kind of like when you have something in your eye and you move it around a little and the blur goes away, but it comes back, so you move it around etc. Until finally, you just man up and stick your finger in your eye and get it out. It hurt, but now you don't have something blurring your vision. In the same way, this thing was something that was keeping me from fully committing to God. I had been pushing this away, but it always came back; a piece of my old self that I wasn't willing to let go of. I wasn't willing to humble myself and just get it out. But with God's strength, I was able to finally let go. It was hard, but the outcome was worth it. I would have never thought that this was such a hindrance, but it was. It was the one thing that needed to be given to God the moment I came to know Him. Now its over. He has given me new life. I am fully His.

2 comments:

Liz said...

praise the Lord!

i liked your analogy! =]

LYS said...

God are always with us...

anyway this is my email..
kuzen_manggis@yahoo.com
hope can know you further..gd luck k.. ;)