Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Truly Thankful

I am thankful for:

The Lord's word.
His forgiveness and grace.
Friends.
Friends who are more like family.
Food.
Shelter.
The beauty of creation.
His love.
Comfort.
Understanding.
Wisdom.
Discernment.

What I am most thankful for is the Lord. None of these things would even be accessible to me without Him. Everything belongs to Him. Everything on earth and in heaven. I would not have anything if I did not have Him. I am thankful for Him. Not His blessings. Him. He is perfect, holy, pure, just, gracious, merciful... the list goes on and on.

"Your love is deep, Your love is wide, Your love is great, Your love is high. Your love is all we ever need. Your love is all we ever need."

I am thankful, Lord, for You.

"For the Lord is great
and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
But the Lord made the heavens.
Honor and majesty are before Him;
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary."
--Psalm 96:4-6

1 comment:

Liz said...

i second all that was said in this blog!! =]

p.s. i see you figured out the currently reading thing! good job! =]